6.TIPS on how to kick start your digital marketing career
- 1Eagerness to learn
- The digital marketing industry is both fast growing and incredibly competitive. its easy for business to differentiate between candidates who have the willingness to learn, and who are along for the ride. this industry requires passion and a desire to succeed.
- 2Stay updated
- you need to keep on top of industry news by following major digital marketing sites and influential people on social media. as the major players such as google, facebook and twitter regularly tweak their paid advertising platforms and algorithms, you’re in for a wild ride if you don’t keep on top of the latest changes.
- Surround yourself with people more talented than yourself. The people you meet will be your ongoing support network when you run into problems, as well as help to doors to opportunities you might not have otherwise found.
- 4.personal projects
- Try out your own ideas and don’t just treat industry leaders opinions as gospel, Everything isn‘t always black and white in the digital marketing industry with many grey areas between best practice and what can actually get results for a business.
- 5.Learn the terminology
- Digital marketing needs to be comfortable with acronyms such as PPC, SEM, and SEO. They are all very different terms with a misunderstanding of them being a clear sign that you have a beginners skill set and need further training.
- 6.Get Nerdy
- Digital marketing can often be perceived to be quite glamorous, but truth be told its often more technical and data driven than we would care to admit. You wont be developing websites from scratch but you will be communicating your marketing strategy to a team of developers a responsibility for incorporating your recommendations.